This is the privacy notice of Mantra + Moon (mantraandmoon.com). In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Mantra + Moon.
We are registered in the United Kingdom.
Our office address is at Mantra + Moon, Makers’ Place, 1st Floor, The Silk Museum, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6TJ, United Kingdom.
By using the site, you are accepting the practices described herein. These practices may be changed from time to time.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The bases on which we process information about you:
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide customer support
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including free downloads, free workshops, job opportunities and information about our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us hey @ mantraandmoon.com. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business.
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response.
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party.
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk.
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
Information we process because we have a legal obligation:
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a message our forum
- comments on blog posts
- tagging an image
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at hey @ mantraandmoon.com.
Complaints regarding content on our website
Our website is a publishing medium. Anyone may register and then publish information about himself, herself or some other person.
We attempt to moderate user generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
Information relating to your method of payment
We offer 2 methods of payments for all products purchase via our website:
- Credit or Debit Card via Stripe
Accepting a card payment using Stripe is a two-step process, with a client-side and a server-side action:
- From our website running in the customer’s browser, Stripe securely collects your customer’s payment information and returns a representative token. This, along with any other form data, is then submitted by the browser to your server.
- Using the token, our server-side code makes an API request to create a charge and complete the payment via Stripe.
Tokenization ensures that no sensitive card data ever needs to touch our server so our integration can operate in a PCI compliant way.
When purchasing a workshop or digital download through PayPal, payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
Products and payment processes:
We process subscription payment via Stripe or PayPal for our subscription services. Each month or each year (depending on the subscription you selected) for the duration of your subscription you will receive notifications from the payment processor than you selected at checkout.
Third Parties who process and ship our products:
Printed Planners orders and payments are processed via our Print Partner Peecho.
I Set My Intention Affirmation Card Decks orders and payments are processed via our Print Partner Game Crafter.
If you have any questions regarding payments for these products please contact them directly. We do not process any payments for these products and have no involvement with the order process.
Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Affiliate and business partner/brand ambassador information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner.
It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you.
The information is not used for any other purpose.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship.
We expect any affiliate or partner or brand ambassador to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use. For example, Facebook Advertising.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our websites are hosted in the United Kingdom.
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia.
Our website is integrated with Facebook’s Customer Chat Plugin which allows us to communicate with customers through our Facebook Business page.
Personal data sent to us via Facebook messenger or via Facebook’s Customer Chat Plugin may include your name and contact details or any other information you may provide to us. This data is stored securely and is only used for the purposes of customer service and marketing.
You can view Facebook’s policy at: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update
Our Facebook business page runs a bot which is run by a service called Botletter.
If you become a Subscriber to our Facebook Messenger bot you are consenting to receive messages via Facebook Messenger. Consent is given by clicking the “yes” button of the Facebook Messenger opt-in. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time by sending “stop” or “unsubscribe”, or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the Messenger menu.
You can view Botletter’s policy at: https://www.botletter.com/terms
You can view Facebook’s policy at: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update
We utilise Facebook Groups to communicate with our online communities.
Our groups include:
We do not specifically use or collect any information provided to us when joining our groups or when you post within the group.
You can view Facebook’s policy at: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update
Email Newsletter System:
ConvertKit is a marketing service used to email anyone who has signed up for our newsletter. Personal Data sent to ConvertKit includes names and email addresses, and other information required to segment an audience.
You will only receive marketing communication from us if you’ve opted in to receive them via one of the following:
- Left the box checked for newsletter opt in when making a purchase
- Left the box checked for newsletter opt in when order a free download.
- Opted in for a free download via an opt in box on our website.
- Opted in for our newsletter via an opt in box on our website.
You will receive updates from both Gemma’s Personal Newsletter and for the Mantra + Moon Shop.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of any marketing email, or by contacting us at hey @ mantrandmoon.com.
If you only want to receive certain updates from us, please check the footer of emails from us and make a selection so that we can customise this for you.
You can view ConvertKit’s policy at: https://convertkit.com/privacy/
If you decide to become a member on Patreon, we will have access to the following information:
- Member Name
- Email Address
- Amount Pledged / Pedge Tier
- Pledge Payment History (Date and amount only)
- Your mailing address
We use Zapier to move your name and email address to our emailing system (ConvertKit) This allows us to keep in touch with you about news and updates that we don’t post to our Patreon Page.
You can opt out of receiving these marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of any marketing email.
You can view Patreon’s policy at: https://www.patreon.com/privacy
You can view Zapier’s policy at: https://zapier.com/privacy/
Ecommerce and Manufacturers:
The data that is sent to the following services (that are integrated with our website) includes order information and other data required for creating any products in your order that they process and ship on our behalf.
This may include:
- Name, surname, company name
- Shipping and billing address
- Email address and phone number
- Payment details
- IP address and device data
- Other information that you provide during checkout
In providing us with reviews or testimonials, you are agreeing for your review or testimonial to be displayed on our website. If you no longer want your review or testimonial to be displayed please contact us and we will remove it from our website.
Access to your own information
Access to your personal information
- At any time, you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at hey @ mantraandmoon.com.
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at hey @ mantraandmoon.com.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Passwords created are the responsibility of the user to safeguard therefore we recommend that you use a strong password. A strong password may consist of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
- We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
- Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
- You can find further information about our complaint handling procedure at http://mantraandmoon.com/terms-and-conditions/
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
We will always keep the most up to date version at https://mantraandmoon.com/privacy-policy/